Speculum Artium 2020
15 – 17 October 2020
Call for art projects (deadline: 24th of April)
Speculum Artium, the international festival of new media culture is hosted in a post-industrial town of Trbovlje, Slovenia, under a premise »Humanisation of Technology«.
The festival has become one of the most prominent new media events in Europe, and it has hosted important scientists and artists from all over the world.
We are looking for new media artists to present their projects at the festival. This Call is open for artists to propose all kinds of projects from the new media art and technology field.
Please send your submissions via email email@example.com (in English or Slovene). They need to include:
• Your contact (e-mail address, mobile number, Skype, … )
• Short Artist presentation
• Artist portfolio (e.g. a link to an online portfolio)
• Project description: title, concept, photos / videos of the project (anything that can help us understand better what is all about), tell us why is project relevant for humanisation of technology
• Full technical rider (what is needed both from the artist and from the venue, how long it takes to set up at the venue)
• Technical project description (how it works) + user instructions
• Any other information you think is relevant.
If you need to send any additional files (video, large images, …) to accompany your submission, please use Wetransfer or something similar, but please send us an additional e-mail to check with us if we received the files.
Organizing committee will review all of the submissions and select projects to include to the festival program. We will notify all the artists about their preliminary results. Festival program will be finalized after we discuss the terms and requirements for presenting the project with individual authors.